The My Recovery, peer-led education and support program is returning in 2021. My Recovery is free and open to people over the age of 18 who are living in the Greater Darwin region and have experienced issues related to mental health, trauma or alcohol and other drug use.
Participants can expect to build skills that support personal recovery and promote long-term mental health and wellbeing, in an environment that is safe and supportive. My Recovery is a peer program that leverages the lived experience of facilitators and participants and incorporates evidenced based recovery principles and practices.
Two My Recovery programs are scheduled to start toward the end of January 2021 and another round of Facilitator Training is scheduled for March 2021. (Any person interested to apply for a place in Facilitator Training will need to have participated in a My Recovery program first.)
My Recovery Program 1:
- Monday and Thursday Afternoons from 1 pm to 4 pm
- Darwin city suburb, venue to be confirmed
- Information Sessions: Thursday 21st and Monday 25th of January (1 pm to 2:30 pm)
- Program start date Thursday 28th January 2021
- Program end date Thursday 25th February 2021
My Recovery Program 2:
- Tuesday and Wednesday Evenings from 7 pm to 9 pm
- Palmerston suburb, venue to be confirmed
- Information Sessions: Tuesday 19th and Wednesday 27th of January (7 pm to 8:30 pm)
- Program start date Tuesday 2nd February 2021
- Program end date Wednesday 3rd February 2021
Visit the program website to find out more about My Recovery (including short videos), make an online application to attend an information session, or enrol in a My Recovery program.
Service providers or people interested to participate in a My Recovery program can also contact Noelene at the Northern Territory Mental Health Coalition on 0439 100 360 or email@example.com.