The NT Mental Health Coalition is the peak body for Non-Government Organisations in the Northern Territory who provide services to mental health consumers and their families. Its members are organisations and its main role is to promote mental health through representing the interests of members and work towards ensuring that Consumers and Carers are provided with quality mental health services.
To provide an effective peak body function by ensuring a strong voice for member organisations and a reference for government on all issues relating to the provision of mental health services in the Northern Territory of Australia.
- To be representative of member organisations providing mental health services across the Northern Territory.
- To provide advice and policy input on Northern Territory mental health service provision and any associated challenges to all levels of government.
- To contribute a Northern Territory perspective on the provision of effective and accessible mental health services to national mental health networks and associated peak bodies.
- To promote and facilitate, and dissemination and discussion, of contemporary information, government policy positions and initiatives to member organisations.
- To ensure, where possible within available resources, the provision of sector development services and support to member organisations.
- To actively network with local and national organisations to promote awareness of the role of the Coalition and issues related to the provision of quality mental health service provision across the Northern Territory.